Thursday, October 16, 2008

Would You Like a Little Salt {Box House} With That...

... I certainly would! Let me preface this post by saying that I hate magnets. Seriously. Those promo magnets you get in the mail? In the garbage. Magnetic business cards? In the garbage. Pizza place magnets? Definitely in the garbage. I'm a magnet snob. But I do have two on my fridge for decor purposes (I do not hang things on my fridge, I junk up a bulletin board for that) one I can't remember what's on it (It's only be hanging on my fridge infront of my face for the last year...) and the other I had on the side of the fridge I couldn't see because it says 'A Wonderful Life...' and for some reason I find myself wanting to flip the magnet the bird everytime I see it. What can a magnet possibly know about life, really?! But I decided to give it a go for a change of pace. It's real primitive with Saltbox Houses, weeping willows, and primitive sheep. I love ALL of those things! I had totally forgot. And yes, I am completely capable of forgetting what I like!

Now, I don't mean I want to go out and buy an actual Saltbox House out in New England or anything. I'm a big fan of clapboard and the likes, but when we buy a house it will be a 100 year old Victorian:





Or, a 100 year old Farmhouse:

Either way, we're not buying a Saltbox House to live in. I'm not even sure if there is such a thing around here, I'm thinking not.... But I love primitive Saltbox House decorations, there are so many varieties now and I could just eat them up!



There's just something but those ugly, primitive little sheep that makes me all warm and fuzzy. I do have a love affair with crows and barn stars as well. Believe it or not I do not have any of these things in my house. Why? Because I don't know what my freaking style is. If I used pieces of everything I liked in my house the word 'eclectic' wouldn't even begin to cover it. I just love odd, different, old things, they make my day (Hmm... a lot like Mr. Pretties, except for the make my day part... yeah...)

I really wanted to share a picture of my moss star topiary and my old barn board bird house but Mr. Pretties was helping me bring stuff in the house, including my camera, and it has since disappeared. Much like my address book, glue gun, Febreeze, and my nail clippers. Mr. Pretties 'helped' with all of those, but now can't remember where he put them. Three words for you. Leave. It. Alone.

ETA: Did you know Canada has a BabyCenter Site? An Ontario area BabyCenter?

Also, if you're in the area and looking for Playdates www.JustPlayDates.Ca, and www.MomsTown.com are great sites for the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! This way I know someone is reading this craziness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin