Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Birthday 2nd Little Pretty...

... Two years ago today I gave birth to one of the sweetest babies you'll ever know. On September 15th, 2006 at 7:32 am the Little, Little Pretty was born. She weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 19" long. We didn't know that the LLP was to be a girl, she was one of those unco-operative babies you know, but were so stoked that the BLP was to have a sister.


Dear Little Little Pretty;

I can't believe you've been in our lives for two years already, where does the time go?! It seems like just yesterday I was carefully packing you into your car seat for your first trip home.


You're such a blessing to all of us, your sweet nature and sense of humour touch everyone who comes near you. Don't get me wrong though, you are a naughty, naughty little girl sometimes, your curiosity just gets the best of you. You climb better than a monkey and have less fear than a lion, this gives mommy and daddy (more so daddy...) grey hair and wrinkles. Not nice!


You're a very kind hearted and generous little girl. You're the first to share your toys, blanket (aka 'Mlankie), or snack and always ready to kiss someone else's 'boo-boo' better.


I'll always remember your bright and cheery little face complete with sparkling blue eyes and deep seeded dimples when I would come in to get you out of bed in the morning and you'd be standing there ready to greet me with 'Hiya Mama!'. As we all know, I am not a morning person, but this made early mornings so much more bearable.


This year you've discovered your love for bugs. I have had to pick more ants/spiders/potato bugs/flies out of your sticky little hands than I want to think about. Who knows how many of those you ate. Mmm. You've also met your companion and partner in crime, Short Bus. Short Bus worships the ground you walk on, even when you yell out the door for him to come in and refer to him as 'Dort Buth'. Short Bus has tried to be your fill in playmate while the BLP is at preschool. He'll sit with you to watch movies, sit on the coffee table to watch you colour (and steal your crayons), wait for you to throw him scraps from your lunch, and he's always there to push your head off your pillow at night. He's your buddy and you love him as much as he loves you.

This year you also became a big sister to The Little Boy Person. You're such a patient and loving big sister, always wanting to help your little brother. You call him 'E-sin' and always have a watchful eye on him. You're still not 100% sure about having him around, but that doesn't stop you from telling everyone about your 'budder'.

You're an excellent little talker and we're always amazed at the things you come up with and the level of understanding you show. We lost two of our cats this year and when Mommy was heartbroken about it you were the first one to come and sit with me on the bed, put your sweet little hands on the sides of my face, look into my eyes and say 'You sad Mommy?' I said 'Yes Turkey, Mommy's Sad. Thomas and Ralphie are gone now' and you said 'Ohhhhh, I see...' and gave me a hug and a kiss. This was no big surprise to me because this is just how you are.

I hope I always remember what it's like to hold your warm little body in my arms and rub my noise in your sweet smelling curls. I hope I always remember what it's like to feel your sticky little hands around my neck and the sound of your soft breathing in my ear when you fall asleep and I carry you to bed. Most of all I hope you always remember how much I love you.



I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living (and not) my baby you'll be.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a heartwarming post. You are truly blessed! I love your pictures, your children are adorable. I like the line "You climb better than a monkey and have less fear than a lion" and throughout I'm thinking, what in the world is LLP and BLP?, but I read the translation so I'm good.

    I don't have any children of my own but I'm going to be an uncle next year and have no idea what to expect. I wouldn't even imagine kids eating bugs! It's funny, after reading this I'm reminded of what my dad said about us as little kids. He said "Kids are always sticky". I just thought that was funny. Your cat photo is great (and sorry to hear about the other two). Short Bus looks so relaxed and trusting around her.

    Anyway, really great post, and thanks again for the shoutout earlier. Take care of your hubby and children, I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! This way I know someone is reading this craziness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin