Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Possibly The Worst Day Ever...

My beloved Ralphie has passed away. He went to his appointment tonight and his eye couldn't be saved. He was so ill that his needle wasn't even empty before he put his head on my arm and went for the long sleep. He will be terribly, terribly missed and we're all deeply grieving for him. The vets were nice enough to eat most of the costs as well as make me a plaster paw print that'll be ready in a few days. My poor boy.

In addition, our other cat Thomas is on his way out as well. He's always been unwell and the vets could never figure out why. I expect he'll be gone by the morning but we just can't fund another euthansia today.

Mr. Pretties even shed a few tears over Ralphie's untimely departure, he wasn't with us long but he made a huge impression and left sweet paw prints on our hearts.

ETA: Thomas has also officially passed away solidifying the fact that this is indeed the worst. day. ever.

This is the one and only picture we have of Ralphie, I tried to get his good side ;) The Vet must've thought I was nuts for wanting to take pictures at a time like this. Did I mention the clinic was so great they even made me a plaster paw print of Ralphie's to take home? How amazing is that? I can't wait to pick it up, it'll be nice to have something.

















I know I have pictures (Loads) of Thomas as well, but they aren't labelled so I have to c lick through 2,382 pictures to find them. Maybe later. He was a big orange tabby as well. I dropped him off at the same veterinary clinic as Ralphie this morning so they'll be cremated together and they can hang out on the Rainbow Bridge like pals. Some how this eased my mind even if it doesn't really make sense.

4 comments:

  1. aww Hun I'm deeply sorry for your loss!!! I know how hard it is to go through something like that!!
    My thoughts are with you!! Just remember time heals all wounds!!

    *Keilyn*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,
    I am so sorry. Thinking of you at this difficult time. Please call if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!!
    R.I.P Ralphie and Thomas.
    I hope the day gets better for you!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenn Im so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! This way I know someone is reading this craziness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin