Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's A Bird, It's a Plane, It's a Bat, It's a...

Mr. Pretties and I had the following discussion this morning in the car on the way to the store:

Mr. Pretties: Oh yeah I forgot to show you something I saw this morning!
Me: Oh yeah? What is it??
Mr. Pretties: A bat, up in our tree.
Me: Wow, really?! A bat? Why didn't you wake me up?!
Mr. Pretties: Wake you up? hahahah I don't think so.
Me: Why? For a bat I would definitely get up! Are you sure it's a bat?
Mr. Pretties: Would I mention it if I wasn't?
Me: Hmm... was it furry? Did it have it's little arms wrapped around it's body? Was it hanging upside down??
Mr. Pretties: I should hope so...
Me: Wow, that's so cool. Let's turn around and go home now...
Mr. Pretties: No. We need groceries, it'll be there when we get home.
Me: Groceries... who needs groceries?! Do you think I could pick it up? I mean I know they have rabies and stuff but wouldn't it be worth it? Then I'd have a rabies shot and wouldn't have to worry when I pick up strange animals...*secretly envisioning walking around with my new pet bat on my shoulder...*
Mr. Pretties: You're sick. There is definitely something wrong with you...

*We Arrive Home*

After seeing two pig heads for sale at the grocery store I had sort of put my bat excitement on the back burner. Honestly, who eats pig's head, and why?! It was so sad to see their little sad piggy faces wrapped in seran :(

Mr. Pretties: Come on LBP, want to see a bat
Me: Oh yeah! Is it still there? I'm coming to see it!
Mr. Pretties: Uh... could you finish changing LLP's bum first? I mean you're kind of in the middle of it already...
Me: Yeah, so? It'll still be here... fine!

*I finish diaper duty, grab my camera, my memory card, my first aid kit for when I pretend to be the Crocodile Hunter and climb the tree to get it, the phone so Mr. Pretties can dial 911, and dash outside*

Me:Where is it?? Is it still there??
Mr. Pretties: Yup, rigghhttt uppppp there...


*Silence*

Me: Uhh... I'm pretty sure that's a clump of dead leaves...
Mr. Pretties: Oh no, it's definitely a bat!
Me: Mr. Pretties, I'm fairly sure that's just some crusty old leaves...
Mr. Pretties: It can't be!

*I throw a rock up at the 'bat' and funny enough, dead leaves come down. Uh huh.

Mr. Pretties: Oh. It was just leaves. Nevermind...
Me: *Big Sigh* I'm so disappointed...Dead leaves... honestly...



I guess so...



1 comment:

  1. Don't be too upset about the bat, you can come over and play with the possums on my garage roof. All I could do was stare at it the first time I saw it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! This way I know someone is reading this craziness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin